Monday, August 31, 2009

It All Started In A Dixie Cup....

Ok....just a few more horus and it will officially be September! I thought this was a very appropriate post for the last day of the month. As you know, I have grown so many things for the first time in my life from little packets of seed! Who knew? I walk around my garden and I am just constantly amazed at what has grown from those little seeds we sowed after Mother's Day.

Well...my little boy Jackson brought home a little seedling in a dixie cup on the last day of school June 14th. I had already planted so many sunflowers...did I really need one more? For a brief moment I though about just tossing it (I know...how terribel!)...but a few days later he went out and planted it with his Dad at the end of another row of sunflowers.....

I'm here to tell you that this is no ordinary sunflower...IT IS GIGANTIC!!!!! The biggest of all sunflowers....has to be about 14 feet high! It grew this high in only two and half months...isn't that incredible!


Yes, that is the roof of our garage in the background....



Now...let's put this all into perspective....Here it is with my funny little man next to it...the proud owner, you might say...He stands about 4 foot 6 inches high...so you can see it is about triple his size.


I am so glad that I began this journey of blogging....this has been a good blogging month. I have been so inspired by so many other blogs out there in blogland. I feel as if I know some of you and it has been so wonderful to be invited into your homes, your lives, your creative thoughts and your honesty.
When we mopved our family from California just a little over a year ago, I have to admit that it was a bit scary. I have made some wonderful friends here ....and also feel like I have made some new friends through my blog and their blogs. I also think this is a great way to just share the little things that happen in our lives with the ones we are missing "back at home".
Tomorrow will be September and the journey into the wonderful time of Fall, Autumn, Indian Summer...whatever you want to call will begin. I am excited for this new time and this new season in our new home.
I'll talk to you in September.....have a wonderful evening.



1 comment:

  1. So glad that you didn't toss it. We had sunflowers like that growing up and I have never been able to grow them that big here.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.