Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm Hooked On....


Friday Night Lights!
Almost two years ago I had some major surgery. My BFF Diane gave me the entire collection of "Sex In The City" dvds. I had never really watched the show before. Well, let me tell you how much those little round discs helped me get through a very tough time of recovery. I would pop one in in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep. I laughed...I cried...I became freinds with those women and felt like I really knew them and their lives.
That began my love of really good series shows like that one...from there I started watching Grey's Anatomy, Nip/Tuck, Weeds, Dexter, United States of Tara...on and on. I don't find there is too much worthwhile on regular television these days (except HGTV and Food Network)...so these series dvds are something I look forward to in the evening after the kids go to bed. My hairdresser recommended Friday Night Lights and assurred me it wasn't just about a bunch of high school kids and a football team. It isn't. It is a very well acted series which showcases the kids, but really focuses on the lives of the parents, families, values and small town life. I am really enjoying it! I am just about through the first season and have the next one coming via Netflix. Love the charachters...love the show!
If you haven't seen it, give it a try...from the beginning.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.