Monday, August 3, 2009

A Fun Sunday Afternoon Project

My friend Diane just left after a wonderful week-long visit. Let me just say that we make a great team and she has helped me with many projects over the last several months in the new house. Yesterday we did a fun plain roman shade "upgrade". I put a simple off-white roman shade in my son Jackson's room. I purchased it from J. C. Penney and it was nice, but very boring. I was inspired by some much more expensive shades I have seen in the Pottery Barn catalog. We purchased about 10 yards of red woven trim at JoAnn's Fabrics and set out to bring this plain shade up several notches.



This is what the shade looked like before. Jackson's bedroom is done in warm browns, off-white and has punches of red.











We measured in about 3" of both side of the shade and the bottom hem. We worked together with the hot glue gun and attached the trim to the shade.
















We also overlapped two pieces of the trim to run along the existing valance to "beef" it up a bit and make it pop.






Here's the "After" photo. Doesn't it look so much better? We were so pleased with the results. The whole project took about an hour and a half. We achieved yet another "look for less".







Jackson and Bella certainly approved of the new splash of color in his room. Thanks Diane for another completed project that brings a smile to my face in between our treasured visits.





What should we do next? Maybe our next project should be at your house?









No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.