Monday, August 24, 2009

A Super Quick Sunday Afternoon Project

A few months ago I picked up several yards of some off-white burlap at JoAnn's for just a few dollars. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but thought about making a table runner of some kind. Well, in this month's (September 2009) Better Homes and Gardens magazine they had this great no-sew burlap table runner idea. I just washed the burlap, pressed it. and cut it to the size I wanted. Decide how much of a fringe you want and add that to the overall size of your runner. Then I used this fun leopard print ribbon trim in great fall colors and hot-glued it on in a border pattern.
After the trim is on, take a pin or seam ripper and just start fringing the ends of the runner by pulling threads out. This whole project took only about an hour, start to finish! I found this wonderful pumpkin made out of wood strips at JoAnn's also (for 40% off). I thought the colors really worked well together.
This was so easy, I'm going to make another one with a different kind of trim.

Even though it's still in the 90's here, I am gearing up for my favorite time of year-Fall!




I love inexpensive and easy projects like this that just a little something to your table or somewhere else in your home. So easy and fun!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.