Friday, April 23, 2010

I Just Know I'm Not The Onl y One....

who does this.....

Yesterday afternoon my house we clean, my kids were still at school, my dog was outside...and I took a moment to just enjoy it in it's temporary clean and tidy state.

No yellow lab hair on the hardwood floors....and isn't the worst time of the year for that with all the shedding?


a kitchen island that is completely clean...no craft stuff...no homework...no mail..no recipes...no crumbs!




dishes all put away in their places..love the way my church sale dishes look in the plate rack with the square ones...


One of my open kitchen cabinets with cheery touches of gold and red...that makes me happy! Also love my vintage salad bowl that I've had for over 20 years.

and a few glimpses of the outside....my window boxes with some new pansies...


and some tulips in a pot on my front porch...

I gave my little chair a coat of bar red paint yesterday....I really love the pop it gives and how it matches my barn red shutters.....

Never underestimate the power of paint : )






I know many of you can relate to a day like this...

It did come to an end at 2:55 pm when the school bus showed up and shoes and backpacks and spelling word lists were scattered everywhere.

Then the yellow lab Bella came in and shed some of her beautiful yellow hair on the clean floors....

That's life at my house.....I wouldn't want it any other way...BUT, I am always grateful for those rare moments when everything is tidy all at once...

Ahhhh....happiness truly is found in the little things.


[signature.gif]

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cori!
    Your home is just so beautiful!! I love it! I was tickled to see my little pillow sitting on your sofa!! :) I really love your kitchen....I would LOVE to have a kitchen that size....w/ a fabulous island like that!

    We are having pretty awesome weather~ it was clear this morning, now a little hazy & overcast, but NO rain...so I'm happy! Take care & enjoy your weekend!

    xo,
    Shellagh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your post viewing your kitchen and family room. Yes, I understand how nice it is to enjoy things all in place and CLEAN. Now, if we could get the rest of the family to appreciate this state! Yes, you are NOT the only one.

    I love your granite on your island. I am shopping now for granite and it is hard. Do you mind sharing the name? It would be very appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.