Tuesday, April 6, 2010

An Absolutely Timeless Kitchen

I was able to visit one of my favorite places on earth a few weeks ago. It is located on a picturesque piece of property in Northern California.

Fiololi Mansion and Gardens (click here for their site).

The mansion is approximately 100 years old. During this trip I took photos of one of my favorite spaces in the home--the kitchen.

It struck me how simple and beautiful these spaces are. This kitchen would like right at home in any modern day home. I am so glad they left the kitchen in it's original glory.

Imagine this view of the gardens while you are washing dishes...












I can only imagine the wonderful meals that were prepared using this stove...


This is something you don't see too often--a safe for all the family silver right off the butler's pantry....Isn't it just amazing?


the history....the character...the patina...

I just love it all.







When it comes to design, you just can't go wrong with classics like this.

A kitchen that still amazes a century later...
Ahhh...



[signature.gif]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.