Monday, January 24, 2011

Little Lamp Makeover


Welcome to a new week...

This morning was a nice one. Kids off to school, some time with my laptop without interruptions, no working in the cold garage, and this little lamp makeover.

We found this cute little lamp. What's so nice about it is that the base is wood. Sorry I didn't take any before shots.

We painted it cream, distressed it a bit, added a little mocha glaze...

The shade that came with it was in good shape and a nice style. I used some leftover blue and white floral from a chair reupholster.

We also found this great bead trim at Wal-Mart. It has sticky side and is super easy to apply to the edge.

It comes in several colors and I think it's pretty new (I haven't seen it before and I'm always in the trim department there).

I just added a little seam binding in a coordinating color to the top edge to finish it off.
Cute!

We will definitely be on the lookout for some more of these wood base lamps...very versatile!

Hope your week is off to a great start and you can finish a little project or two.






2 comments:

  1. So cute! Was the fabric really upholstery fabric? Wow, I can't believe how well the light shows through it. I have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVING the lamp! Great job...I am also loving the vintage spools and scale. All very sweet :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.