Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Vineyard Beauty

We purchased this poster art from a beautiful winery that is only a mile or so from our home.
We loved the colors in the art.

We didn't want to just put it in a frame, so it has been stored for over a year in our closet.

Remember how vintage bed turned bench project from a few weeks ago?

Well, there was a nice piece of wood left after we trimmed down the footboard for each side of the bench.


I took the leftover piece of wood and stained the raw cut edges.

Then I trimmed the poster to fit the wood. I took the trimmed pieces of the poster and tore the pieces into some rough leaf shapes. I added those shapes to the corner of the art. I also added some scrolly images to the top of the art.

I used a matte gel medium to apply the at to the piece of salvaged wood from the foot board.

I came over the top of the art with a copper glaze to finish it off.

We just hung it with a simple piece of twine.

How is that for using a leftover piece of wood from a previous project?

Love that.

Here she is hanging over the bench. I think the colors work really well with the bench.

So now I've got a center piece of art for the bench and will be in search of some other wall art for either side of the beautiful vineyard fairy.

Any ideas?




[signature.gif]

2 comments:

  1. Some small copper sconces with candles pulling out one of the colors in your pretty vineyard fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so artsy. I just love the colors. I agree with Mary Ann (above), plates may work, too. LMK if you did not get my reply re: my labels. Your e-mail reads "no-reply."

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.