Friday, July 31, 2009

I Am Wilting In This Heat

but my flowers seem to thrive in it! It is 105 degrees right now in Walla Walla. We have had very hot weather since before 4th of July. Today the heat just kind of hit me and I'm feeling wilted and a bit drained. The only time you can work in the garden is very early in the morning or late in the evening (and then you can't see well enough). We really wanted a true four season climate when we retired here...but right about now I'm dreaming of that crunchy sound of snow under my boots while walking down the road.

But these beautiful creatures are loving all these hot days...
This is one of my cutting gardens. It was designed for the sole purpose of cutting flowers to bring inside the house and the cottage. There are sunflowers of all types and larkspur and cosmos, snapdragons, gladiolas and zinnias.
I have been working on my flower arranging skills and gathered a bunch of blooms and created these three arrangements. I brought one over to my friend's house and keep the other two to enjoy. Is there anything like fresh garden flowers to brighten up a home?












Hope you are keeping as cool as you can during these hot summer days. Iced tea anyone?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.