Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Garden Delights

These hot sunny days in Walla Walla are bringing beautiful blooms in our garden. Here are a variety of sunflowers that I put in these great little vases. These are those Starbuck's bottles with the Frappucino that I removed the labels and painted antique white. I found the letter decals at a great ittle scrapbooking store here in town.




Varying heights and hues of sunflowers...






and a little bit of California here in Washington....I started these tropical hue poppies from seed in the spring and now they are blooming profusely and bringing me such much joy...







I have always loved gladiolas....now I have them growing in my garden! This is the first peek of the colorful blooms....can't wait to cut some and bring them inside.









Another first for me-DAHLIAS! Thanks to a suggestion from my dear friend Vesna. Aren't they pretty?




and a few vasefulls of the tall chocolate brown sunflowers....





I am finding that growing my own cutting flowers is very rewarding. Time to go do some more weeding : )





No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.