Sunday, July 4, 2010

What We Blogger Girls Do - The Yard/Part I

We love to get things done! We want to make our homes uniquely ours and comfortable for ourselves and our families

Every day we try to fit in something "creative". It's what feeds our spirit and our soul.

We work hard to maintain our homes and our gardens.

We did this before blogging, but I don't think we realized how many of "us" where really out "there". : )

Then we take time to sit back and admire the fruits of our labor.

Ok....and we like to "brag" about it once in awhile.

That's how I feel today.

I have spent the better part of the last month working in my yard.

It was literally being taken over by weeds.

We pulled them out, turned over dirt, and cleaned up. We planted grass seed. We planted perennials and annuals.

Today after spending 5 or 6 hours in the yard, I walked around with my camera.

Here's Part I of the photos.

What a great feeling of accomplishment.

I wanted to share it with you.


I took some of the pots that our trees came in, gave them a coat of red paint and planted dwarf evergreens and annnuals in them.












Our "snapdragons mound" if really taking off.

What started as about a dozen little plants last year re-seeded and spread. I added a few about a dozen or so plants about a month ago.





















I hope this 4th of July evening finds you happy and well.

I'll have Part 2/The Yard next.
.

Thanks for letting me share this with you. Landscaping a property like this that had "NO TREES" when we bought it and is surrounded by alfalfa fields and weeds in spring is daunting, to say the least.

Today I feel like we are making a dent in the process.

What a great feeling








[signature.gif]

2 comments:

  1. Cori, your home is just gorgeous!

    Thanks for the update on your booth. I know exactly what you mean about thinking some thing will sell, and then being completely wrong. Man, do I ever know that feeling!

    I hope you're having a wonderful and safe 4th!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness.....look how the lawn came in around the house! What a huge difference that makes. It is certainly shaping up to be the belle of the ball (neighborhood). You both should be really happy with what you have accomplished! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.