Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I Just Don't Get It....????

I've just finished up my second month of renting a little space in a local consignment store. I am pleased with how things have gone so far and I'm always thinking of new ways I can display items and new items to bring in.

This black chest is one that Diane and I re-did when she was here. It was a pretty ugly (badly painted) white vintage dresser we found at a thrift store.

We cleaned it up, gave it a few coats of a nice matte black paint, and distressed it. I finished it up with the Minwax finishing wax (love that stuff). I also cleaned up the handles and put them back on--they were vintage pulls in great shape.


We were so pleased with the way it turned out. It has two nice big drawers that pull in and out easily. It is well-made and very functional.



It still hasn't sold. It's been in there over a month now. I'm just surprised because I though for sure it would sell quickly.

I marked the price down last week, so we'll see.

This is all part of the learning process of renting a retail space. You just "DON'T KNOW" sometimes...things that you think will go right away, don't and then the things you aren't so sure about sell quickly.

My pieces are priced well and far surpass anything that you may buy at the big box store and spend 3 or 4 hours assembling...

It makes it all so interesting.

I've got a yard sale desk in my garage and I decided last night that I was going to give it a similar finish to this chest, except I will use espresso brown in lieu of black.

It's going to go on my veranda as a "serving buffet" and the drawers will be great to hold some extra table linens.








[signature.gif]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.