Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Finding That Perfect Piece


068

Well hello to all my blog friends out there…

I wanted to do a quick post this morning before I get started on a very busy day.

I have been looking for a long horizontal piece to place above my headboard for quite some time. A few weeks ago I found it! We went to a great antique mall in Lincoln Beach, OR. This great vintage wood mirror called out to me.

The mirror wasn’t in the best shape. It has an aged patina and a “blurred” feel. That was absolutely ok with me. I just want it to bounce light around the room from the two chandeliers that are opposite the headboard.

It has a sweet carved detail on the top center…love that!

002

I added a few details in white….a chandelier and a couple of flourishes in the corners.

048

050

I love the shape and scale of this piece…AND, The price was right…just $39.00!

052054056062063067069

Out mast bedroom is probably my favorite room in the house…this is where I actually stop “doing” at the end of the day and start “resting”.

This great vintage mirror is another piece of “jewelry” that make this space my sanctuary.

070072

So…keep looking if you are in search of a certain type of piece at a price that fits your budget. You will find it eventually.

It will make you happy when you do.

I’ll check in again soon…

Cori

3 comments:

  1. Don't you just love when you find the perfect piece. It always makes me so happy. It looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cori, that is a great piece. I love your bed and that bedspread. Oh, my!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks made for that spot - so fun to find the perfect piece!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.