Thursday, November 18, 2010

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like...


Today I got in the spirit a little early by decorating a little tree for my space.


It wasn't too hard to get in the mood for holiday decorating when our Blue Mountains looked lie this first thing this morning..



I made a few of these little ornaments using a small embroidery hoop, some great sheer wired ribbon I found at WalMart last year and an image transfer of, what else, a cardinal!


and here's some of the sand dollar ornaments I made...
I got a whole jar of sand dollars as part of an auction lot several months ago and knew I would find something to craft with them.

So this is what I came up with....


here's the little tree...I'm fortunate because the store owner put up a gorgeous big tress right next to my space that is covered with beautiful vintage ornaments. You gotta love this--she found the gorgeous tree at a yard sale. It's truly beautiful and rivals my own tree that I use at home.



I wanted to give Marcella (my dress form) a little holiday "glow". She got wings and a halo today. Doesn't she look sweet?





Here's the display of the village houses I bought at aucltion last week..




I did something I haven't done in years....I strung popcorn and cranberries for this little tree. Heck--the colors just worked perfectly with the cardinal theme...

I do love the homemade look of these garlands...it reminds me of sitting on the floor and stringing with my oldest when he was 3 or 4 years old.







How I enjoyed decorating the space for Christmas for the first time...


2 comments:

  1. Cori, Your booth space looks so pretty and festive. Like cardinals and the old fashioned popcorn and cranberry garland on the tree. I can remember making a garland like that the first year we were married. It was such a sweet, country tree. :-) I am starting to get into the decorating mood and will start setting up soon. It takes so long to get it all up but the sooner I do it, the longer I can enjoy it. Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving holiday.
    ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the recent posts, the idea of the hole shelf was so unique! I wanted to get an inspiration from the Chrsitmas tree decors...i love the crafty work you did Cori! Hej happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.