Thursday, November 8, 2012

Autumn Cottage

autumn2
 

We had a spectacular week of weather here in Eastern Washington.
I still have some flowers in bloom since we haven’t had a frost yet (although we are expecting one this week).
It was so beautiful yesterday, I grabbed my camera to capture some of this beauty before it’s gone for the season.

aurumn8
autumn3
autumn5

autumn6
autumn7autumn9autumn10autumn12autumn13autumn15autumn16autumn17
I’ve done a few updates in the cottage over the last few moths.
I have turned the “front room” into a master suite. 
I brought in a queen size bed and added some more chairs and a small table. 
This is a very cozy room with the fireplace (and a television) to enjoy during those long winter days…
I’m hoping to find a small studio sofa for more comfortable seating.

autumn19autumn20
Thanks to a little help from my friends….
we joined my new cow canvas up with a favorite old window (that used to be on the fireplace mantle).
Now we’ve got these two precious moo-moos peeking through the window.
I couldn’t resist purchasing a coule of vintage cow bells to put on top of the window.
autumn21

autumn23

autumn31

I added a very COZY yo-yo quilt I found at a local antique store to the back wall of the bedroom.
I love the “cocoon” feeling it brings to this space.
I have to share a super simple lampshade update I used….
I picked up a very cute stretchy ivory colored girl’s top at Goodwill.  I knew there would be something I could use the fabric for in the future.
Well..guess what?  All I did was trim it to size and slip it over my drum shade. 
An easy peasy inexpensive fun update.
I love those!!
autumn25
autumn30
To sum it up….this is a great time to nest as the days (and nights) get chilly.
Thanks for stopping by the cottage…
See you soon!
Cori

autumn29

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.