Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sunshine And Lazy Days

Isn't she just the picture of summer?
My son's girlfriend spent time making these sweet headbands.
As always, having all my kids together is a most special gift for me.


012

Hello to all of you on this summer day!

I know I haven’t been posting as regularly as I normally do.

Why?

It’s simple. I’m just a bit worn out. After pending six month preparing for the Farm Chicks show and doing project after project, I need a well-deserved break.

Don’t get me wrong—I’m not sitting around reading romance novels….My oldest son and his girlfriend were here for 3 weeks and just left on Friday. We just enjoyed being together. Shorts, tank tops, and flip flops. I did a LOT of cooking and cleaning up afterwards. My son always has a long list of his favorite dishes for me to prepare. Our time went by way too fast.

My garden is in a sad state of neglect. I’ve been spending a portion of each day weeding and cleaning out planting area. I have also dusted off my elliptical and I’m getting back to regular exercise. (Side note: Although I’m not a huge fan of the Black Eye Peas, I find their music PERFECT for working out).

Another wonderful thing has happened the last couple of weeks…

SLEEPING IN!

I have been dealing with insomnia on and off for the last several years (age-related, I’m sure).

Well….since I don’t have to get up each morning around 6:00 to get the kids ready for the school bus, I’m actually able to leisurely wake up around 8:00 or 8”30….it’s a little bit of HEAVEN.

I’m working on a couple of dress forms. I am FINALLY getting around to making a form for my own home and have a custom order for a local antique mall shop owner.

I am also feelign the need to update the guest cottage. I pulled out the area rug I have in the living space yesterday and was happy to find that the space looked bigger and fresher. That will be the jumping off point for some facelift work in my wonderful little cottage.

I’ll be sure to keep you posted on any updates that happen there.

I am not going anywhere, just enjoying the wonderful warmth of these summer days and resting a bit.

Isn’t that what summer is really all about?

015

Here’s to slowing down a bit and taking a rest…

Cori

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way! I haven't posted anything lately AND I've been sleeping in! Isn't it great???? Happy Summer to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cori, I know I'm weighing in late. I hope you are still enjoying the sunshine and sleeping in. I know what you mean, I have the same problem sometimes. Keep enjoying your family! Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.