Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Paris Love


When I made my AUTUMN banner a few weeks ago, my daughter asked me if I would make one for her room that read "PARIS".


This is what I came up with. I made the same letter banners out of the off-white burlap. Then I took some cardboard and decoupaged some vintage dictionary pages to it. I aged the pages with a stamp pad a bit also. The I did the letters in an off-white acrylic. After that was dry I added the blue that matches her room perfectly.

Then I just felt it needed to be framed in glitter. What girl doesn't want a little glitter in her life? I accented with some more of my old buttons and also added a couple Paris images to the each end that were mounted on large scrabble pieces.



I think it turned out pretty cute. We hung it over her Eiffel Tower photograph in black and white. Seems to be that little "sumthin, sumthin" that wall needed.





[signature.gif]

1 comment:

  1. You have got to post that on your Etsy shop, with options for different words. How adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.