Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Sweet Little Makeover

I rescued this wood magazine holder from a yard sale.

This is what it looked like before.

I sanded it down a bit, gave it a couple coats of off-white paint, and stenciled with the DecoArt modeling paste (the thick version) in a favorite shade of blue.


I loved the shape of it and just knew it had potential.

I added a little bundle of twigs from a tree on our property. I just glued them below the birdie.

There is something so satisfying about giving a new life to an piece like this one.

AND, who doesn't need more storage space for their favorite magazines?







Time to get some rest and get up early to hit the yards sales...


[signature.gif]

2 comments:

  1. Great makeover, and I love the shade of blue you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just darling, Cori!

    How is your booth doing? Having fun with it? :-)

    I hope you have a safe and Happy Fourth of July!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.