Friday, December 11, 2009

A Very Significant Tree


The white tree in our study has a Venetian theme. We used a beautiful sheer gold scroll ribbon on it. The ornaments include some Venetian masks, some beautiful jewel ton angels I collected years ago and some very special Christopher Radko glass ornaments.



In 2000 we began this collection of "Celebrate Adoption" ornaments designed by Christopher Radko. We brought our daughter home to her forever family in 2000. Each year we order the ornament for that particular year. I can't believe we have ten already!

Here is the very first one and probably my favorite.



This is the room where my husband watches television. One of his favorite places in the world is Venice. We visited there in 1996. The mask we used for the top of the tree was purchased from a street artist while we were there.



I love the way this tree turned out.

It is the perfect place to display our growing collection of adoption ornaments. What a wonderful gift to pass these on to our daughter someday.





[signature.gif]

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to this.....I LOVE what you guys do with the adoption ornaments! I'm still trying to think of something we can do and make it a tradition to celebrate ours. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.