Thursday, September 1, 2011

Welcome To My Favorite Month


044

Why is September my favorite month?

Lots of reasons.

Yes, my birthday is in September. My oldest child was born in September (on my birthday).

I always loved going back to school.

Now that I’m a stay-at-home Mom, I LOVE when my kids go back to school : ).

I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area near the coast. We usually didn’t gt “summer” type weather until September. Sundresses for back to school : )’

The days are a bit shorter, but still plenty of daylight in the early evening.

The promise of autumn is in the air and I LOVE that.

All the fun fall magazines and catalogs start arriving in the mailbox.

045

On this first day of September 2011, I have something else to be excited about.

My next door neighbors at the antique mall gave their notice. I was able to rent out their space—right next to my first space.

So now I have a 20 foot by 10 foot space all together.

Imagine the possibilities.

In a tight time frame yesterday I moved everything from my space down the hall into the new expanded storefront..

Another reason to love September….

I had dreamed of having this space next door for a year now…

I can’t wait to get some of the pieces I’m working on right now into the space.

047048049053055057058060063069075082083

Hopefully lots of people will be going shopping this weekend!

This is fair week in our small town. That means corn dogs, cotton candy, chickens, pigs, cows, horses, rodeos, and frozen cheesecake on a stick! (I wait all year for that one).

Savor the last days of summer and be excited that SEPTEMBER is here!

Cori

1 comment:

  1. Cori, what a great space. I am considering getting a booth. I would need to find some pieces to paint first to fill it with. Not sure If I want to do this or not. I know it is a lot of work. My birthday is this month, too.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.