Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Mid Century Marilyn


022

On Saturday we went out to yard sales determined too come home with some good pieces.

We found a few things that were fun, but really wanted to score a dresser or two. Feeling a little discouraged, we pulled up to a country yard sale that had only a pair of mud boots I was interested in.

As I was paying the very nice woman, I asked her if she had any dressers. She said no, but her friend had a couple. She called her on the phone and asked her if we could come by. “Yes!”.

We drove about a mile down the road to her house.. She had two mid century dressers that were worn and tired.

If you read my blog regularly, you know I’m not a bid fan of the whole mid century trend (although I can appreciate spaces that are done well in this style)..

I’m sure this is due to the fact that I’m mid-century..

The definition of vintage that I love most is this one:

“Anything that is older than you are”

So….since the nice lady unearthed these from the dusty and spider infested sheds they had been sentenced to…I offered her a pretty budget friendly price for both.

They really did have good bones and some pretty cool hardware that I intended to keep.

Clean lines that could definitely work in today’s spaces with a little lov.

025

Here she is!

The Marilyn dresser got a coat of ASCP in Paris Grey. Then I washed over with Old White. A couple coats of clear wax to finish it off.

The hardware was painted Graphite Grey. Great contrast.

These photos don’t really do the color justice. It’s a beautiful cloudy soft grey. It really works with this clean lined piece.

It works great with some pops of sunny yellow.

I’ll be sure to share Marilyn’s sister with you once she’s done.

I think I’ll call her Bridget (for Bridget Bardot).

058068070079082092

110

Thanks for coming in this morning…

Cori

115

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.