Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My First Project With A New Toy


Hello to you all!

I haven’t told you guys this…BUT, over two months ago I purchased a Klic N Kut cutting machine from a friend of mine. She was getting ready to upgrade to the larger size of the Klic N Kut. I had been wanting a die cutting machine for a very long g time.

My friend assured me that I would be able to learn the software and helped me set it up and get started.

I felt intimidated by it.. I sat down a few times and was a bit overwhelmed.. Finally a couple weeks ago I just started cutting. I had been watching lots of video tutorials available online and flt like I could get up and running,

So…on to my very first project. I found these two frames on Saturday at a yard sale at my neighbor’s place…..Nice frames, not so nice 70’s art (I left the matching bedspread and curtains behind…LOL).

002

004

I painted the frame with Paris Gray ASCP, distressed them a bit and applied some wax.. I painted the “painting” with Old White ASCP and let it dry.

I wanted to do some pieces with one of the most beautiful and classy women of our time- Audrey Hepburn..

I used these two classic images of Audrey along with a couple of her quotes that I LOVE.

I added chandeliers because I LOVE chandeliers, what can I say?

007

I009012015016017018019

022

Here’s the machine. It’s one of the earlier Klic N kuts, but it is really AMAZING. My mind is just buzzing with all the projects I will be doing with this machine and the software. In addition to the software that came with it, I purchased the Make The Cut software. It is super user-friendly and there are LOTS of video tutorials out there to help you get going.

The sky is really the limit with these machines. You can use just about any image or graphic to cut paper, vinyl, fabric, and even fondant for baking!

I know I’m a little late to get on this bandwagon, BUT, I’m sure glad I did.

I know the learning curve will continue as I explore all the features of this great fool. I am amazed at how technology has inspired craters to levels that we never could have imagined just a few years ago.

Sometimes I feel like we just took scrap-booking elements right into home décor and there’s just about nothing we can’t create with inspiration and few fun tools like this one..

025028027

So glad you let me share this fun new adventure with you…..

I guess you can occasionally teach an old dog new tricks : )

Here’s to learning new things and conquering our fears..

Thanks so much Marlee!


I'm linking up to Savvy Southern Style's Wow Us Wednesday. You've just GOT to hop over. You just won't believe all the inspiring projects she is featuring this week. The mantle upholstered headboard still has me swooning..

Cori

2 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about buying one of these. Thank you so much for sharing all that info. I cannot believe how fantastic your artwork turned out! Wow, it looks amazing! How fun! Can't wait to see what else you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love Audrey, love how the print turned out and looove the new painted frames! great job, it all fits so well together!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.