Monday, January 31, 2011

A Great "Get It Done" Weekend

What a weekend!

While I was out shopping on Saturday, my husband worked on our taxes. When we returned home from the shopping trip, we sat down and finished up the taxes that night. You've got to love TurboTax!

Now let me tell you, I have NEVER done my taxes this early, NEVER. Believe me, I've been filing taxes for a very long time.

Best part? After getting bad news for the last several years, we finally got GOOD news. What a great feeling.

We also put some finishing touches on this great project.

I found this really OLD cabinet many months ago. It looks like it was some kind of an upper cabinet with lots of great cubbies and drawers.

We reinforced the bottom of the cabinet and added some old furniture legs to lift it up just a bit.

It was scrubbed and scrubbed. Then we added some Feed n Wax.

We decided to leave it with it's original chippy blue paint. It has so much character.

We think it will make a great statement piece for someone.

Maybe an entry way table or a storage piece in a family room?


Now for some of the finds..

There was a battery operated clock inside the case. We took it out and plan to use it for a great shadow box...What kind of treasure would look great displayed in this beautiful case?

We visited a new thrift store and found these chairs.
How is this for a great "before" shot?

They look at little sad now, but just wait until you see what we are going to do with them.
They are solid and very heavy.



Then there is this funny square table with two drawers.

We plan to add legs to this and make it a very chic square coffee table..

Stay tuned for some "after" shots of this very soon.


We found this with the help of Craig (craigslist, that is).

A Duncan Phyfe table and four chairs.

YEP, it's in need of some major love and quite a project.

We love a challenge.


This sweet dresser show as a whole lot of potential...don't you think?


and last, but not least, this funky little file cabinet with some great lines and attitude.

Lots of great finds this weekend.

A great way to end the moth of January.

Can't wait to share some of these projects when they are done.

Here's to a great week and a good start to February.



4 comments:

  1. Wow, you found some awesome stuff. I can't wait to see how you transform these pieces! I love the cabinet you finished. I think the original chippy paint was a great choice. What a unique piece of furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't use the pulls (and knobs) from the white dresser I'd be happy to buy them off you. I got my daughter's bedroom set at a garage sale and they have those exact ones except several of them are missing.

    Can't wait to see what you do with all the stuff. I LOVE the clock surround especially! I wish I was HALF as creative as you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi cori, the cabinet is very appropriate for my scrapooking collection, the furniture are very historical, you're that lucky buyer.The clock idea is amazing. and I wish I can also paint some vines on such a dresser like that. In the past i handpainted the story of a grapes fr vines til it bear fruit, i still have those pictures. and i also did a mirror make over..gives me an idea to post it in my blog and ill let you know. I reminded my husband to file his taxes too!=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got the good news on your taxes - have my fingers crossed we'll get that same kind of news :) What a great bunch of finds! Looking forward to seeing what you do with all of it.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.