Monday, August 10, 2009

They Finally Arrived in the FedEx Truck

Here is my kitchen/dining room table. We bought this from Ehan Allen in 1997 and I am still crazy about it. I love the French Country style and the plank tabletop. For the new house I wanted a bit of a different look. Instead of recovering the chairs (again) I decided to have some chair slipcovers made. I searched and searched for a company online that would make these covers for me. You can find a few companies that will do it for a straight back chair, but mine are wide at the top. I finally found this great company--Todoes. They are a California company and you actually made a pattern for them and send it in so they can create a custom fit for just about any type of chair. Now, let me tell you...don't be in a big hurry. This company is very busy with lots of order and it can take several months (or longer) to get your slipcovers.

Here's the table and chairs before the slipcovers:






And here is the "AFTER" picture with the slipcovers. I love the classy look they create in the kitchen. It's always good to change things around once in awhile. I can remember my Mom moving furniture around the house to create a new look. She still does that on a regular basis. Sometimes switching things up, even without something new, make your house feel fresh and updated.
I love the "S" monogram and the contrasting dark brown piping detail. I am planning on embellishing the back of the covers with some vintage buttons. I'll be off to ebay to search for just the right ones.























No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.