Monday, November 14, 2011

A Coco Desk Makeover



033

Happy Monday Blog Friends!

I’ve got a busy week of projects planned and wanted to do a quick post before I “get ‘er done”.

I recently purchased a new Annie Sloan Chalk Paint color – Coco.

Here it is in the can…

004

Well…I had a poor little desk in MAJOR need of a makeover.

Someone had done quite the “decorative” paint job on this piece…

So I got to work on it… (I almost forgot to take before shots..that would have been a shame…LOL).

001

002

011

I went with a roman numeral “clock” theme for this piece.

I did the drawers in Old White. I really like the way the Old White complements the coco color.

012013

I think she looks pretty good in her new colors. She will make a great laptop desk for a lot of different spaces.

The verdict is: I LOVE this new color. It took only two coats to cover that dark green that was on the desk when I found it. Not bad.

I’ve got another piece just about done in the same color scheme.

We’ll see how this color sells in the store.


Linking up to:

Habitat Heroes Link Party

Restore It Wednesday


016017022

I hope your week is off to a great start….

It’s super chilly and windy here in Eastern Washington this morning.

I’ll check back in soon.

Cori

4 comments:

  1. Cori, I love what you did to the desk. Don't you love Coco? I have a piece I am going to use it on. I did one piece, but of course have a whole can of paint left. I love the clocks and roman numerals you added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I have not tried it yet, but when I do, Coco may be the one I will try first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks so pretty! that coco color looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That desk turned out so cute! I love that color. If I hadn't have gone with the grey color on my armoire in my family room, I probably would've done that one. you added a lot of charm to it with the addition of the clock icons. Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.