Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Simple and Textural With A Bit of Bling


I prefer very simple window coverings. It was a bit overwhelming when our house was finished and I had so many uncovered windows. Many of them remain uncovered. Privacy isn't really an issue for us.
But what to do in the master bedroom? ??? I knew I wanted something neutral that would still allow in some light,. I wanted texture also. I decided on burlap. There is just something about burlap that I love. It's simple and basic, yet can be successfully mixed with many types of decor.
I ended up with these fringed burlpa panels from Ballard Designs.






Now for the bit of bling that they needed. I headed over to JoAnn's to the trim aisle...found this great flat lace trim and the off white tape trim. Turns out I had some leftoverr crystals from these light fixtures in the room....





This is how the embellishment turned out. I ended up with some one-of-a-kind drapery panels with some inexpensive trim and some leftover crystals (thanks to the light company--Murray Feiss).
I love the way they turned out. They look especially beautiful at night when the light catches the crystals and they sparkle along with the light fixtures.
I hope you are having a great week and enjoying this wonderful time of the year.
Best,


[signature.gif]

2 comments:

  1. Your window coverings look great. The lace and crystals really make the burlap drapes unique.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.