Monday, September 21, 2009

It's Official Now

Autumn has arrived. It was 40 degrees when I kissed the kids goodbye as they ran for the bus this morning! I am just loving this cooler mornings and evenings.
This weekend, inspired by Emily at Not So Idle Hands, the kids and I made these fun pumpkins. They are so simple....you use recycled jars (and we have a lot of them), orange tissue paper, Mod Podge and a little green latex paint.
We put tea light candles inside (you could also use the little battery-operated ones). Look how great they look sitting there!






We were going to do some more Halloween decorating this weekend, but the time just seemed to fly by so quickly. We did get the boxes down from the attic, so hopefully we will get it done by next weekend.
My kids are 8 and 10 and really enjoyed this. I think the younger ones could also do this simple craft with a little bit of help. Spooky good fun!






[signature.gif]

3 comments:

  1. What a great project. The pumpkins are adorable. I love them. Great fun for the kids. too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out soooo cute. Just wanted to let you know I will be linking up to you on my post tonight and if it's ok, I'll use one of your pics? Thanks! I LOVE the banner too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pumpkins!! I want to make those today w/ my kids!! Love your blog too! Inspiring! That is totally my dream....move to the country!

    Take Care

    Shellagh

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.