Friday, March 7, 2014

Falling In Love With My House Again

 j
I have definitely been in a little bit of a funk with what seems like a VERY long winter.

A visit from my BFF Diane was just the push I needed to take a fresh look at my decor.

After a day or two of relaxing, we set out to shake things up..

We restyled the china cabinet with a fresh new look.




We went shopping for a few new treasures, including this great globe in metallic tones and a quirkly little mannequin figurine.



We moved this pretty Paris flower shop canvas over the cook top. 




Worked on moving around some favorite item above the kitchen cabinetry...



In the great room I started with some fun new art over the fireplace.
These black and white photos were taken by Diane.

I had them enlarged to poster size on engineering print paper at Staples and mounted them on foam core...

So happy with the new look!







Even the laundry room got a nice clean up and fresh new look.







Our yellow lab Bella seems to enjoy the new furniture arrangement too.







I am loving the new details...

I have been spending some time just sitting and enjoying a fresh new look for Spring.


My Queen Bee stands proudly in the entry way to greet guests and make me smile as I pass by her..





Change is good.

Moving things around and shopping in your own home (and garage) can give you a wonderful new perspective.

Spring truly is just around the corner.
I am a happy girl. 


1 comment:

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.