Friday, January 13, 2012

Planning Projects For A New Year


004

What projects are you planning for 2012?

We all have our plans. Some we get done AND some we don’t.

My daughter will turn 13 this year…yikes! Well…she want to re-do her room already (after less than 3 years…sigh).

She wants it more “modern”. She says she doesn’t share my affinity for the shabby, chippy, old, vintage stuff.

Ok….I can appreciate that.

BUT, this is my house and I need to be ok with the changes. First off, she wants to go from her two twin beds to a queen size.

She has taken up a love affair with music, old and new.

She received a very special Christmas gift this year. Her uncle (my brother) gave her this very vintage Beatles mirror that he has had since he was a teenager.

Perfect! She wants to do her room in black and white and have some of her favorite black and white posters.

005

I made this sign for her and wrapped it up and put it under the tree…

007

010011

012

Yesterday I had a minute to sit down and open up my new Cratge and Barrel catalog and found this fabulous bedding…

Guess what?

I showed it to her when she got home from school and she absolutely LOVED IT!

Yeah. Bedding is huge and we have come to a mutual decision.

bedding2beddingn

I am in search of an old chipping fireplace mantel to use as a headboard.

I want to upholster the opening and tuft it with cool buttons (preferably vintage).

I posted a “WANTED” on craigslist this morning. Hopefully one will turn up.

This will be a fun project to work on and I know she will be happy when it’s done.

So….I guess we will say goodbye to her sweet brown/blue/cream Paris themed room….

026

035060074199

Thanks goodness we will still have the pictures.

I’ll be sure to share the progress as we move along on this project.

What do you have on your list for this new year?

Have a fabulous weekend and I’m so glad you stopped in.

Cori

3 comments:

  1. Oh her room is already sooooo PRETTY!!! I do understand wanting a change...I will be painting my kitchen next week and I just painted it two years ago...some gals just like to change it up often. Looking forward to see how it turns out...now that is one awesome mirror!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she is at the age where they want change. Can't wait to see what you do. I have been drowning in projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the colors are perfect already but I get wanting change.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.