Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Promise Of Spring & A Home Tour Reminder

060

I must admit, my garden is in a state of neglect right now.

Winter came very early here in November. I never got a chance to clean out all my beds before it got to cold to do it!

In spite of that, these blooms popped up to brighten my day. We haven’t had but one “spring like” day so fr, but no one told the daffodils and hyacinths. OK, I forgot what the little purple flowers are called (anyone? I know there are some awesome gardeners out there like Shellagh).

Lucky for me.

Have you ever made an asparagus vase? I hadn’t made one in a while and decided today was a good day.

016

019

I just started with a plastic jar that my grapefruit sections come in.

I put a rubber band around the jar and tucked in asparagus spears all around.

Cover your rubber band with ribbon or twice and there ya go!

Add for favorite spring blooms and it’s instant SUNSHINE (no matter what the weather might be outside).

029

030

032

033

034

035

046

047

051

056

Tomorrow the Parade of Homes 2011 tour begins at Poppies At Play.

The first house up will be Donna's at Funky Junk Interiors tomorrow morning. My house will be featured on Tuesday in the #7 spot (right after Trixie’s house which was featured for April’s Cottage of the Month and is absolutely amazing).!

I’m so honored to be part of this fantastic group of oh so creative women. I am looking so forward to seeing all the tours (there will be 20 in all).

Parde of Homes 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love to get a comment? I'd love to hear you stopped by.